With the Environment Bill due to reach Royal Assent Autumn 2021 and Biodiversity net gain to become a legal requirement by 2023, there is much to do prepare.
Biodiversity net gain (BNG) requires that “new houses [built]… protect and enhance nature, helping to deliver thriving natural spaces for local communities”. The principle will legally tie LAs, developers and other stakeholders to a BNG mandatory duty, requiring all new development to fulfill specific BNG targets.
Join us for an up-to-date brief on the biodiversity net gain duty and what it will mean for new development.
Previous speakers include:
- Dr Nick White, Principal Adviser – Net Gain, Natural England
- Fiona Siequien, Team Leader—Planning for the Environment, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Jonny Miller, Principal Consultant—Biodiversity, WSP
- Julia Baker, Biodiversity Technical Specialist, Balfour Beatty
- Mike Webb, Technical Director—Ecology, SLR Consulting
- David Lowe, Team Leader, Ecology, Historic Environment & Landscape, Warwickshire County Council
- Euan Hall, Chief Executive, The Land Trust
We’re busy planning our programme for 2021, to get involved please email us.